Pastoral Minister – Ministry to the Sick
Contact me for:
- volunteering with Ministry to Sick
- home or hospital visit
- arranging an Annointing of the Sick
- questions about funerals
- volunteering to cook or need short term meals
Kim is the Parish Associate
As the Parish Associate, Kim oversees the Ministry to the Sick and Dying. For those who are ill, she
- Ensures Catholic patients and residents at Country View Nursing Home receive visits and Holy Communion from volunteers as well as providing the same for Catholic individuals who are limited to their homes.
- Visits, and organizes volunteers to visit, parishioners in hospitals and rehab facilities.
- Arranges for the sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick for those who are seriously ill, facing significant medical procedures or the elderly.
For individuals whose family member is dying or has died, Kim
- Supports the family by offering company, conversation, prayers, meals and arranges the final Anointing of the Sick.
- Works with families to guide them through planning a funeral for their family member and coordinates all the logistics so that the funeral rite honors the lost life and allows the family to reconnect with family and friends and share the best of memories.
Kim also contributes to various parish programs and leads projects as assigned.
Prior to joining St. John Neumann, Kim worked in the corporate sector. Her experience focused on Human Resources with emphasis in senior leadership, organization development and labor relations.
Kim expects to finish classes in 2017 for a Master’s Degree in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville and complete the degree in early 2018.
- She holds a Master’s Degree in Organization Development from Bowling Green State University and a Bachelor’s Degree in Classical Humanities from Ohio State University.
- Kim is also certified as a Senior Professional of Human Resources.
Kim has been married to a wonderful man, Mark, since 1977 and they have two adult children, Allison (Paul) and Joe.